THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Reality Check

Saturday night I am driving home from decorating a model home and it is 12 am. I have been working hard all day without much nourishment. As I am driving I realize how hungry I am so stop at the 24 hr. Del Taco right off my freeway exit. The drive-thru window clerk looks at me and says, "Do you have a daughter?"
"Yes, I do. She is 2 yrs. old."
"Oh, because you totally look like this girl I know, but she is like 21."

Not awesome.

Then I take a good look at the tattooed, pierced young lady who is working the all night shift at Del Taco and realize that I probably am the age of her and her friends' mothers.

I know. Not a politically correct statement. But, probably true. If anything, saying that makes me feel a little better.

3 comments:

Joella said...

What really matters is how old you feel. And you can't feel old when you have so many kids running around.

Jim said...

Nice.
~~~i wanna tour of your homes!!!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

You have got to love comments like those. The other day a lady says her daughters eyes are just like mine. I smile and say "Oh, yeah?" She says "Yeah, just kind of gray and blah!" Sweet. Thanks!