THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ready to Labor

It's almost 2:30 in the morning and I cannot sleep. I just can't get comfortable and I desperately would like to go into labor. Chloe has had pneumonia and we have been homebound treating her and helping her get better. Prior to that, Caleb had strep throat, so we were home comforting him, delivering his antibiotics and waiting for them to take effect. To say I have developed cabin fever is an understatement. Finally today (yesterday), Chloe seemed well enough to take out so the 2 of us headed to the tri-cities to walk, eat something spicy, and do a little Christmas shopping. So now I am wide awake, not in labor, and so uncomfortable with super swollen feet and ankles. Please come soon little one.

Being stuck at home has had a few advantages. I have been going through major nesting instincts and have been sewing, cleaning, and trying to get things set up. I made this carseat canopy, a nursing cover, and some things for my cousin Janie who is expecting soon. Maybe this is a little girly, but hopefully the colors and plaid lining will make it okay for a boy.
Here is the quilt that my friend Brooke made with the fabrics I selected. Since this baby boy and Chloe will be sharing a room, I decided to stick with all black and white textiles played off of silver-sage walls. We got burglarized a few weeks back, and one of my biggest fears was that they stole this quilt and the new bumper pad and crib skirt I had just ordered. Luckily they were spared. I guess these particular burglars were just looking for electronics.
Chloe and I bought some of the pre-made gingerbread house kits at Costco today. She and Caleb had a blast decorating them tonight.
If you haven't purchased one of these kits, I highly recommend them.
Carter and Chase have started high school basketball. Carter splits his time equally between the Varsity and JV. Chase is on the Freshman team. Unfortunately, I missed the games, due to the little sicklies at home, but Larry kept me in the loop via text. Carter scored a 3 point buzzer beater right as the clock ran down into halftime. Pretty exciting.
Well, keep your fingers crossed for me that the next post I do is announcing that the baby has arrived!

5 comments:

Ie Li said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the burglary! That's so lame!

I hope you go into labor soon!

Jan Hawkes said...

So glad to hear the little sicklies are all better now and you were able to have a play day. All appears ready to give your new addition a warm welcome. Best wishes on the blessed event.

Krista said...

Katie~ thinking of you as you anticipate the arrival of this special baby boy! Sorry to hear of the sickness in your home, we have been fighting it here as well ever since school started! Hope your little man comes soon & praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby boy :) can't wait to meet your "Dollar Bill" ;) still makes me giggle

Jill said...

I don't have your new address in WA. Will you send it to me. Can't wait to see your new baby! Another beautiful Christensen!

Becky Noftle said...

Hey---I was up the 7th at 2:30 am too! We really need to coordinate these things. Guess what?? Your wish came true! Congrats on Ca$h I'm dying to see him, save me please! I can't believe how talented you are--you decorate, clean and sew? You better be fat after this baby or the friendship is OVER!