THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

SA-WAD-DEE

I enjoy going out for dinner on the weekend. After a long week of trying to come up with nutritious, economical meals that my family will actually eat, and then shopping for, preparing and cleaning them up--I look forward to going out. However, I despise waiting for well over an hour to be poorly served an overpriced, mediocre meal. For some reason this is often the story at the big chain restaurants. I like finding the local places where the food is good, the silverware is clean, and the wait is short. The drawback is, this is kind of hard to find.
Every day I drive by Sa-wad-dee, a Thai restaurant in a strip mall near my house. I always wonder if this place is good or if I will be seeing an Available For Lease sign in the window any day. I have taken note that the parking lot is frequently full and the decor looks pretty good through the windows. So, tonight I gave it a try. Larry, not much of an Asian food fan, ate at home with the kids and then came along with me to try some dessert. He ordered the coconut ice cream with bananas fried in wonton papers and drizzled in chocolate and caramel. He liked it. I went for the Panang Curry with chicken. It was so delicious! When I was a nanny in Florida we would frequently go out for Thai; also, the dad liked to prepare exotic gourmet meals at home, often featuring a variation of Thai curry. Since living there, I have never tasted any curry like what I had there, until tonight. This stuff was awesome! We ran into some friends there (also their 1st time) who highly recommended the coconut seafood rice and the pineapple fried rice. I decided to go for the curry, but will be back to try their suggestions.

8 comments:

Karin said...

Mmm- I'm with you on that- Saturdays are for eating out, But at our house, it's usually something quick like in'n'out...
I'll go with you next time, and the boys can have $5 pizza... You in, Laura?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ike and Luke said...

you did it. there is the modivation i needed to get to boise. love thai food.

sarah said...

That sounds delicious. I love yellow curry and pad thai!

Katie said...

Me too. I love Pei Wei's Pad Thai. I noticed on your blog you went there in SLC. Is that what you get?

Kimberly Hill said...

Katie, I'm impressed - I have only had Thai food once and it was so, so. We'll have to hook up for dinner soon.

Ie Li said...

LOVE Thai food. We love Massaman curry. The dessert sounds delicious. Good find.

Christa said...

We love Thai food and have been exploring the various restaurant offerings in Salt Lake. On Valentine's Day I had Greg bring home take-out from one of the Thai places we have been wanting to try. Next time you are here, we should go out for Thai!