THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The $26 discount car wash

I just got hosed at the gas station while trying to buy the Wednesday $1 wash! The corner station offers their premium wash for a buck on Wednesdays with an 8 gallon minimum purchase. My tank was 3/4 of the way full, but I wanted the wash so I headed in to top it off and clean my car. The drawback is that you have to buy the discounted wash inside the store. I used my debit card at the pump, then ran in with my dollar bill to purchase the wash. I'm waiting in line and as I get to the register I look out the window to see gas POURING out of my car all over the parking lot. I run out there as fast as I can to shut off the valve and see that I have a good $25 more showing up on the pump than I needed. ARRRGH! The cashier said there was nothing he could do and that I shouldn't leave my pump unattended. My pump has always shut off when it was full, except for this time. I guarantee I will not leave my pump unattended in the future. I can think of a lot of other things that $25 could be used for besides a parking lot soaked in gasoline.

4 comments:

sarah said...

oh no that is so sad!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I have never heard of that. With gas prices the way they are I am surprised people were not there filling up buckets with the overflow. Too bad.

Jan Hawkes said...

$25 dollars in gas? That must have been a little more than a teaspoon. Good thing you have a blog so you can vent. Your fiasco sounds like something that only happens in the movies when they need a car to blow up. It could have been so much worse. Not the gas prices, just the outcome. Glad you are safe. I wonder if this will be one of those things you can look back on some day and laugh about. I have yet to have one of those experiences -- I still get every bit as mad when I remember dumb stuff 25 years later.

Mom said...

Oh Katie, Katie.....I am so sorry. :)