THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am a Child of God


Caleb is the official music conductor of Family Home Evening. He rotates between 2 songs, Book of Mormon Stories and I am a Child of God. Chloe has started copying him and every time we start to sing, she starts to wave her arm. This last Monday I listened closely as Caleb was singing and noticed that he sings, "I am a child of God with parents kind of dear."

Anybody who calls our home on a regular basis knows that we have a hard time locating a handset before the answering machine picks up. Yesterday a call came in and the machine beat me to it. A recorded voice starts coming across the machine that Caleb recognizes as Mitt Romney. It is a call where a recording of Mitt Romney is endorsing a local candidate and encouraging our support. Anyhow, Caleb starts getting all worked up, running around and yelling at me, "MOM aren't you even going to look for the phone? IT'S MITT ROMNEY! ARE YOU LISTENING? MITT ROMNEY!" Apparently our fondness for Mitt didn't go unnoticed.

3 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

A child after my own heart. Will he be old enough to vote in 2012? (Cute story.)

Annee said...

Those are gorgeous photos. You must be excited. And Carter looks so old now! Time goes by so fast. I totally remember when he was born and visiting you guys in that tiny apartment across the street from my dorm at BYU.

Love the Mitt Romney story! And that's sweet that he thinks you guys are kind of dear. Not always, but probably most of the time.

Karin said...

Good title- as he was playing with James the other day, I heard James invite him to be a member of his club. (yeah, the one that is held on the top shelf of his closet.) Caleb agreed that would be cool because it is like he is a MEMBER of the church, too. Smart little missionary:)