THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer's Almost Gone


Where has the summer gone? I am living through the memories of summers past, since this summer has been anything but a vacation. We have added many miles to our vehicle's odometers but it has primarily been in pursuit of a paycheck and not so much in pursuit of fun.
Carter has been involved in training camps for basketball and football in anticipation of playing sports his Freshman year of high school. Oh my! Time really flies. At one of his basketball practices he skinned his knee. A week later we were in Utah and he was able to attend a day long football camp (pictures previously posted), where he fell and tore the scab off his knee. He stayed in Utah to help his dad with some work and I drove back to Idaho with the rest of the kiddos to finish up some projects I had going on. He was limping the whole day before we left and I thought it was a little bit of an act-- him not wanting to stay and have to install cabinetry. He had to stay anyway. The next day I got a call from Larry telling me that Carter had to be taken to the Dr. in Providence, Utah because his leg had severely swollen up. They lanced it and drained it and packed it with gauze. He was given an antibiotic shot as well as 2 different oral antibiotics. He was told to take it easy and carefully tend to his wound and dressing. Larry drove him back to Orem to my parent's home. A few days later I received a call from the clinic telling me his test came back positive for MRSA. I googled it. Not awesome.

Chase and Larry went on a scout backpacking trip a week ago. Once back in cell range, I get a call from Larry telling me they were on their way home and that Chase nearly cut the tip of his finger off while carving a stick. They would be stopping at our Dr.(who luckily is our neighbor) on the way home to see about stitches. Yep. Stitches were required. He just got the stitches taken out today.

Anyway, that seems like the summer in a nutshell. Drive. Get hurt. Pay co-payments. Drive some more. Get hurt again. Pay more co-payments. Have some car troubles. Drive some more. Luckily, we have had some pretty good watermelons this summer.

3 comments:

Joella said...

WOW!! Pocket knifes have been put on a high shelf for the exact same reason.

NatalieD said...

With a bunch of active boys, you're sure to have an occasional injury or two. Not fun, though. Tell your boys to keep their injuries minor.

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

No fun! Hope everyone is feeling better!