THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Idaho

I had to go back to Idaho this past week to finish some design work I've been doing there. I took Chloe with me. We left on her birthday which didn't exactly make it a very eventful day to sit in the car for 5 1/2 hours. Poor girl. I tried to make it up to her by taking her to get her first mani/pedi at a salon in Idaho. She LOVES to get her nails painted at home, so all of the attention and professional paint job thrilled her!

Aunt Laura let us call her home our hotel and while I worked around the clock she took amazing care of Chloe. Chloe had a blast playing with Hazel. On our drive back she kept telling me to turn around and go back to Hazel's house.
Aunt Laura baked a delicious strawberry banana cake and she and Aunt Karin threw a party at the park for Chloe with her cousins. Isn't it fun having girl cousins to get just as excited about the mermaid doll as she is? That wouldn't have happened with the big brothers. Thanks for making her birthday special.


Of course the week was full of decorating for me. I worked on the clubhouse, and 2 other homes. My legs and arms are covered in bruises from moving furniture and I made a special trip to visit my Idaho bishop, a facial plastic surgeon, for stitches. When I had some painters lift the bed for me to roll the rug under, it detatched from the footboard and it came down smashing me in the face and cutting open my nose. My boys who have all been playing in rough and tumble football games last week look far less beat up than their interior decorating mom!


If you want to see more of the interior design of this project, go to my interiors redefined blog linked on my sidebar.

3 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

What a fun birthday week for Chloe! You'll have to make it a tradition for her every year on her birthday. Sorry to hear about your punch in the nose. Where is the photo?

Karin said...

We enjoyed seeing both of you- hope you guys come back for another visit soon! You're welcome anytime.

Jill said...

You are so very talented. If I could have 1/10th of your style I would be happy. I love to see the photo's of your new state. How about some pictures of your home? You are a great mom and wife.