THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Autumn on the Farm

I pulled off to the side of the road to snap a picture of the orchards and fields. Each type of apple tree must also produce a different color of leaf. Some orchards are still kind of green. Others are yellow, orange, or red.

I thought these fuel tanks were cool because they are the same color as the leaves I've been seeing in the orchards. I also love the way they contrast between the golden wheat field and blue sky.
This is some of the marshy area near our home. I frequently see pheasants flying in and out as well as birds of prey.


This is a vineyard changing color.

I knew that the leaves would change colors but I thought it was neat to see the closely cropped blanket of red and gold that was developing after the field crop had been harvested.


Although I am not a photgrapher and don't do justice to the beautiful scenery all around me, I felt compelled to try and capture the essence of it. Everywhere I drive I am amazed by the vivid colors as the leaves change in the fields, orchards, and vineyards. This morning I remembered to pack my camera when I drove the boys to school so that I could take some shots of the farmlands going through the changes Autumn brings.
The unique gourds and pumpkins are at our neighbor's produce stand where they specialize in unusual varieties. I made a butternut squash bisque recipe the other day but subsitituted one of their specialty squashes for the butternut. It was really good. It's fun having access to their produce.

9 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

These photos are gorgeous. What beautiful scenery. Thanks for thinking to share it with us. This must be what the garden of Eden looked like with all its fruit trees when the "fall" came. (Pun intended.)

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

It is really beautiful there. You seem to be quite the photographer. How is your pet cat doing? Do your kids pet it?

Katie said...

He's fine. Chloe entertains him through the sliding glass door. She dances, sets up a tea party. He jumps up on the window. It's like having a pet at the zoo. Nobody touches him. I don't think they could. He's pretty scared of people. It's funny he will hang with Chloe as long as the glass is between them. Of course, this situation is fine with me.

Kimberly Hill said...

Katie, thanks for sharing those pictures. WOW, it is beautiful up there. I've been thinking about you guys. Thanks for posting. You make me smile.

Becky Noftle said...

You amaze me--I promise to slow down and look around me next time I'm rushing to wherever the next game is! See you in Wenatchee Friday??!

Laura said...

Love your photography. You captured the autumn mood nicely. It looks like it's a really nice area to live.

just a mom with a camera said...

great pictures, i love the drive to and from school everyday, it's so beautiful!

Karin said...

Gorgeous, Katie.

Ie Li said...

These pictures are so gorgeous. I'm jealous of your farm life. Steve and I both had childhood dreams of being farmers.