THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Random Post

Chloe has recently started throwing screaming temper tantrums if I try to make her go into a store she doesn't want to, won't buy her a toy she wants, etc. I'm convinced the 'terrible twos' actually begin around age 3. After an afternoon of running errands she didn't want to go on and then having me say no to the umpteenth $20+ toy she requested, I thought a nice compromise before we made the trek home would be to go to McDonalds. So, I said, "Chloe, would you like to go to McDonald's to get a Happy Meal?"
She glared back and me and said, "No. I will go to McDonalds to get a Mad meal." I just finished reading this book. It was awesome. If you have time on your hands being snowed in or hanging out during the holidays I would recommend this. It was an excellent read.

It's historical fiction that takes you from the 1600s to present time. Living in a rural area requires me to make long drives just to get to school, the store, the doctor, pretty much anywhere. I have noticed that audio books make the drives bearable. I just purchased this one and it is great. I really like that it is read by President Bush. It adds something to hear it in his voice. If you are making a long drive, I recommend this. I was planning to read the Laura Bush book, but now I'm definitely getting the audio version.





0 comments: