THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Is Home School the answer?

This past week the kids have been out of school due to Parent/Teacher conferences. (I will take a second to brag and say that the boys got excellent reports. Carter, who gets official report cards, brought home a 4.0. Yeah!)
While I was visiting with Corbin's teacher, she was telling me that he likes to talk and this often prevents his neighbors from completing their work. Additionally, he tends to rush through his work, sometimes making mistakes on simple things that he knows how to do. I told her that I would talk with him about this and remarked that Corbin responds very well to praise, and perhaps if she recognized him when he was doing things well, he may have a greater tendency to repeat the positive behavior. She picked up her pen, and I watched her make a note in her book, "Corbin responds well to Prays."

3 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

That is scary, isn't it. I remember pretty much every parent teacher conference mom and dad came home and told me my teachers said I talked too much. I am sure a little more "prays" would have helped me too!

Annee said...

That's a good teacher, taking notes and all. I hope she will understand what it means later. Does she also teach Corbin to spell?

Karin said...

That's it. Next year we'll hold a Christensen, Hill, Hawkes skool. It shud solv all R problums.