THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My most embarrassing moment? Well, that Depends...

On a recent shopping trip to Sam's Club, while waiting for my payment to go through and the receipt to print, I turned to my right to notice a cute 80 yr. old man. I smiled politely at him, and inadvertently glanced down at his cart to notice 2 rather large boxes of memory foam mattress pads. Having relied on these for sleep during my restless-leg-syndrome-plagued pregnancy, I had become a fan. Seeing that he had noticed me look into his cart, I was about to make the comment, "Those are awesome, have you tried them before?" Just as I was about to open my mouth, I glanced down again and this time noticed that it was actually two rather large boxes of adult diaper pads. I glanced up again with eyes wide open, grateful that I had caught myself before uttering the embarrassing comment. Unfortunately, the second glance into his cart and the look of shock on my face was enough to embarrass the old man, as he quickly looked away. Luckily my receipt printed out and I was able to make my way quickly to the exit. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as I left the store thinking of what could have been. I imagined making the comment, having him look at me rather bewildered and then going on to tell him that, "Becuase of those I have been able to sleep through the night" or "I used to wiggle my legs around all night until I tried those". It could've been bad.

5 comments:

Annee said...

Katie, you are too funny. Seriously, two posts in a row that are hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh tonight.

Kimberly Hill said...

Katie,
Thanks for the laugh, I started choking on my spit. That is the most beautiful story I've heard in awhile.

Mandy said...

Katie, this is Lisa's friend Mandy (from long ago), she always tells me you have great stuff on your blog, so I came to see. I am still busting a gut, laughing at your "mattress pad" story. I love it!!!! Thanks for giving me a good old belly laugh that is long overdue!

Mandy said...

by the way, your family is beautiful! Your home is too!

Katie said...

Thanks, Mandy!