THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Country 'Tis of Thee

Today I was at the bookstore and bought the dvd of Saints at War for Caleb because he is always interested in things about WWI and WWII. Tonight we watched it together. It was so good and inspiring. While I wasn't making a connection with this weekend being Independence Day when I bought it, I am so glad we watched it because it makes me think deeper about the sacrifices that have been made. I feel a renewed sense of patriotism and a gratitude to Heavenly Father for the blessing of freedom. I recommend this movie.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Ohh, we like this, too! I don't know that James has seen it though- good idea. Jim has the books Super Sonic Saints I&II if you want to borrow. Probably beyond Caleb's reading level, but maybe an older brother could read to him? Or get it on CD.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

What bookstore? I am interested in getting it.

Katie said...

I have the Supersonic Saints on audio book and we have listened to them on roadtrips. Good.

I got it at Seagull book. I'm sure Deseret has it, too. Amazon would, I think.

Jan Hawkes said...

We saw it on the BYU channel once and it was very touching. Isn't that the one where Elder Maxwell tells his experience with his mother's prayers?