THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'll do just about anything to make dinner more exciting!

I'm cooking some scrambled eggs the other night and decide to save washing another dish and grate the cheese right into the skillet. I'm standing there grating away and thinking that something about these scrambled eggs is not smelling right. That's when I look down and notice I am on fire! Stop, Drop and Roll! Smother the flames! How many times have those sayings been drilled into my head? Like so much other valuable information, they didn't stick. I Screamed, "I'm on FIRE!", Panicked and Ran! I made it to the sink and was so out of my mind that I couldn't get it turned on. The flames were quickly burning their way up my shirt. Luckily, I was able to get the water on and the fire out. Miraculously I wasn't burned although my abdomen stung like a sunburn would.
After changing out of my burned clothing, I decided to inspect and see whether I'd lost an Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic t-shirt (different degrees of disappointment). Turns out it was Liz Lange. Yep. It was a maternity t-shirt I'd been wearing all day. Maybe that extra fabric in front had something to do with dangling into the flame. That morning when I was getting dressed I remember thinking, "I should not have eaten those guacamole chips last night 'cause this shirt is not doing me any favors in the Flatter Department." Little did I know, it almost had me calling the Fire Department!
This is the shirt.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Seriously? Wow. Guess you won't be so worried about having to wash that extra dish next time, 'eh?
Glad you survived unharmed!!

Annee said...

We here at the beach house have been laughing about this story for a few days now. Thanks for sharing!

Ie Li said...

That is so scary, but I was laughing through the whole post!

Rachel F. said...

Seriously, tears in my eyes laughing! Especially the guacamole chip part. You are great!