THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 inventions that have made my life easier

Today's 10 on Tuesday. These inventions are supposed to be things that were invented in my lifetime. I am not totally sure when these were each invented but I'm thinking they went mainstream in my lifetime. (In no particular order)

1. Digital Photography
2. Debit Cards and online banking
3. Personal Computers and Printers
4. the Internet (thanks, Al. definitely a better invention than your global warming one)
5. central vac
6. microwave ovens
7. cell phones
8. keyless entry-though my key fob has been broken for a good year+
9. mini-vans with self closing doors--genius when you have little kids. loved it when I had one and love others that have them for sparing dents to my car. Now when are we going to get self returning shopping carts?
10. cd/dvd players

6 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

Great list. I was saying, Oh yeah, all the way through it. That keyless fob is worth its weight in gold when you have a babe in arms and a toddler on the run. Add kiddie car seats to the self-closing doors for child safety. The beat the driver's lap all to heck. Aren't we blessed to live in the modern age?

Katie said...

Yeah. While I love cell phones and computers and some of the other inventions I think they can take over too much time in our lives, too. But overall they make things so much better.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I didn't want to read anybody's list till I posted mine thinking it would be a lot harder to come up with my own 10. Ours are so similar it is embarrassing i.e. Internet and Al Gore.

Karin said...

Ahhh, couldn't agree more...
Love the rational of #9

And Lisa, I'm with you- I like to post my list before reading others, so they don't sway me. As I'm a week or two behind on posts, I decided to take a bye on this week's. Although it is a fun one to reflect on.

Katie said...

Hey, Lisa. It's not embarassing. Great minds think alike! ;) I did think it was funny when I saw how similar our lists were and I knew that you hadn't read mine first. You can't help but laugh about Al. What a goober? Are you stoked that Arlen Spector lost his race?

Laura said...

Life without most of those just wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't mind central vac and a keyless entry key fob.