THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Going for Broke.

Things that have broken this past month:
1. Transmission on my Suburban. Had to replace. Ouch.
2. The faucet on my sink. Had to use a screwdriver to turn it on and off until Larry came home to order the part. Then wait until the next time he came home to install the part.
3. Chase's knee. Not actually broken (it was x rayed), but now 3 weeks after injuring it he has been referred to an orthopaedist.
4. Caleb's jaw. Once again, not an actual break. It has been swollen for several days after being hit (don't know by what or whom). Luckily the swelling is subsiding.
5. Washing Machine. Just had the repairman out today to fix it. Now I get to fold a week+ worth of laundry. Uggh. I am sooo grateful to have it working, though.
6. Windshield on my Suburban. It has the most massive cracks -2 of them-down the center. The chip that has been there for a good year decided this was the month to join with the rest of the items in our household.
7. Larry's sprayer. John Deere repairman has been out to take care of things several times.
I would knock on wood that nothing more breaks, but am afraid I would split the wood or break my hand doing so.

2 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Hey Katie, next time you come to Royal would you drive my van for me? I really hate it and maybe you could break it for good!! Hope bones, transmissions, sprayers and appliances stay in working order this week, one can always hope.

Jan Hawkes said...

Hopefully by mentioning your streak of bad luck, you will break it. What a rough week. Thank goodness for repairmen. And doctors. And husbands. We are keeping you in our prayers. Keep smiling.