THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Why do they call it Fast Sunday when it goes by so slow?

I went into the kitchen this mid-morning to discover Caleb shoving a Rice Krispy Treat into his mouth.
Between bites, he mumbled, "Mom, did you know that little people don't have to fast?"
Pause. Chomp. Chomp. Swallow.
"That sucks for big people."

Throughout the morning the big people were avoiding any contact with the kitchen. As church time got closer, Carter and Chase's hunger pangs grew stronger.
At one point, Chase said, "OOOOH. I'm soooo hungry. I hate seeing into the kitchen."
I said, "Remember, if you fast for a purpose it makes it a little easier"
"I know that. We are fasting for Chloe to get better."

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa said...

That is too cute! I never thought about the fast and slow aspect in that way.

Karin said...

Glad their fast was answered. Love the picture of Caleb- especially with the ring:) He's lucky- at our house, even "little people" fast from treats for a purpose (and actually, Elizabeth added Chloe to our fasting prayer, too. We've been thinking of you guys!)