THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tickled by Elmo (slippers, that is)


Last Saturday, a day before Chase's actual birthday, I got a call on my cell phone.
"Mrs. Christensen? This is Matthew, Chase's friend.", said a rather young sounding voice on the other end.
"Oh, hello Matthew. How's it going?", I replied, surprised to be getting a call from Chase's friend.
"Good. I was just wondering what time Chase's birthday party is going to be?"
Well, it turns out Chase planned on having a "friend" party and told all of his friends but not his mom. Later that evening when I saw Chase, I asked him if he wanted to have a party, and if he did that was fine but I needed to know so that we could send out invitations and actually make a plan. He agreed. His real birthday came and we had his "family" party, which turned out great (see post below). Chase never mentioned the "friend" party again, and I forgot about it (really). Well, this afternoon (a full week later), a different neighbor boy comes over to find out what time Chase's party is going to be. I told him that we hadn't had a chance to plan it, but would bring an invite by later. A little later I get a call, this time from Matthew's mom wanting to know what time the party was going to be? She said it was the second birthday Matthew had been invited to without an invitation and thought maybe it was an "Idaho thing". (They just relocated here from Texas.) I guess like playing tetherball, Rex-kwon-do, and side ponytails are Idaho things, too? Anyway, I figured since Chase had now extended invitations verbally twice, we better actually plan one and get real invitations out.
Luckily Monday is a no school day, and we can throw the "friend" birthday party then. This next weekend is Carter's birthday. Chase wants it to be a football themed party. Taking advantage of Chloe being asleep, and Larry being home, I decided to run to Target and see if they still had the football stuff in their dollar section. Luckily they did. Now normally I am not a fan of anything Character for kids--but, I saw these Elmo slippers in Chloe's size. They were worth every cent of the $1.98 that they cost. I am tickled just looking at her in them.
We'll let you know how the party goes on Monday. FYI: Target has some really cool football stuff in the dollar section.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Great minds think alike. We (actually Ariel) are sporting those same slippers. We love them and she can actually walk in them without falling over.

Karin said...

Does she keep the slippers on her feet? If they keep her Idaho piggies warm, I agree- $1.98 well spent.
I'm excited to see what you're doing with the Football theme. Really. I'll be checking the blog Tuesday (I'll let you focus on FHE Monday night)for pictures. Good luck and have fun!
Is it too late to make it an Idaho themed party? You've got a good running list started...

Katie said...

Yeah, too late for Chase, but we could do th ID theme for Carter. We won't send invitations, I'll wear a side pony tail, Carter can wear his "bad boys" flag pants, we'll serve Quesa Dillas or chips 'n' grated cheese, and play tetherball. It'll be flippin' sweet. Maybe we could even do a Summer Wheatley pinata--oh, wait we don't do that in the gem state.

Christa said...

This is totally hilarious! I love that Chase created his own party. Too fun!