THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yeah, I know it's late

It's really late and I should be in bed, but since my little one is having a rough night, I am doing my typical "nursing" routine of blogging. I am going to treat this post as a "journaling" opportunity to express miscellaneous things that have been going on with myself, family, around the house, etc.
1. I feel like I am in a brain fog. I am sure that this occurred postpartum with the others, but I don't remember it being this bad. I forget things I'm saying mid-sentence. I am always tired and feel like I can't keep up on anything, let alone get ahead. I hope this goes away sometime soon. I ran into some people from my previous ward and they asked how I was liking my new home and ward and which ward I was in? I could not remember what ward I was in. So, they wanted to know which Stake. I had no idea. Not until I was driving home did it come to me. This is just a typical example.
2. Chloe has been sick for over a week. I took her to the Dr. after a very difficult Thursday night sure that she had double ear infections. Nothing. Her ears were perfect. He said she may be teething. I guess so, because she has been having a hard time. It breaks my heart and wears me out.
3. I got called to be the Bear scout leader 2 weeks ago. I was that for the last 2 years in my old ward. I had gotten kind of burned out on it. Since I have gone without a calling now for 4+ months, I have a little enthusiasm. I need to get more.
4. After reading my cousin Annee's blog, I started reading Pillars of the Earth. It's pretty good. I've tried a couple other Oprah selections before and only kept up with East of Eden. I don't usually like what she chooses. Since Annee liked this one, I'll give it a shot.
5. I think I've turned into a dessert lover. Unfortunately, I'm still a main course lover. I make these really good oatmeal chocolate chip pudding cookies that Laura turned me onto. I only eat the dough, because they just become officially fattening once they are real cookies. I wish. I also made a chocolate cheesecake pecan pie out of the Lion House cookbook that was unbelievably decadent. I need to get obsessed with veggies without Ranch.
6. I am always wanting to go on a vacation or go out to eat at a fancy restaurant.
7. Not all Christmas gifts are that exciting at first. An example of this is the statehood quarter collection books I got for the boys. I also put some statehood quarters in their stockings. Sometime over Christmas break they put their quarters in their books and never really looked at them again. As I do laundry or find loose quarters around, I have been savin g all the state ones. Larry apparently has done the same in his truck cup holder. So, we pulled them all out and gave them out as rewards to church related questions. Now these quarter books are hot items. We have a lot of Utah and Idaho quarters that we need to change for some other states. We have one Wisconsin quarter that is in high demand, along with the New York. I got the books at Barnes and Noble.
8. Due to excessive contention, I took away the PS2 and said it could only come out on Friday after school if all homework and responsibilities had been taken care of during the week. I then take it back on Friday night, and bring it back out after chores are done on Saturday. Sundays there will be no PS2. Every day since doing this, indoor "real" football is going full force upstairs. The sounds of things banging and bumping around up there are really stressing me out. Boys have a lot of energy.
9. Oh No! I can't remember what I was going to write next.
Good Night!

11 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

I understand that not only does each state have its own quarter but each of those quarters is minted in Denver and Philadelphia. Check in the bottom right section of the front of the quarter for the D or P and make sure you have one for each state. Just one more thing to collect.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Very entertaining. I can totally relate to the fog. Several months ago Isaac's principal stopped me to see Ariel and we small talked for a minute or two until I asked the stupidest question. I ask where she lived and she replies "Stratford". Here come the stupid question "WHere is that?" she looked at me for a second (probably to see if I was serious or high) and said "Just on highway 10." What I did is equivalent to living in Orem and asking where Provo is. I felt like hitting my head against the wall for weeks after that to see if I could arouse some brain cells.

Karin said...

Sorry you're feeling "foggy" but glad even Katie gets that way on occasion! Hope Chloe lets you get some sleep soon- those teeth are awful and side effects last FOREVER! And I imagine your countdown to spring- or weather above 32 degrees- is a huge ordeal; for your sanity as well as for the structure of your home!
goodluck. can't wait to join the craziness back in Idaho!

Annee said...

I am so glad to hear you are reading Pillars of the Earth. I hope it will not disappoint. I did talk about it so much, that I hope it can live up to the expectation that I created. I'm so nervous now. What if my book suggestion doesn't add any joy to your life?! Don't tell me. I'll feel too guilty, for having wasted your time!

I'm secretly glad to hear that your life is more normal than I had previously envisioned. Sorry you forget things. I hope you will remember things soon :)

Katie said...

Very interesting about the P and D. We will look for those.
Annee, I will not hold you responsible for the book if it is disappointing. So far it is really good. I really enjoyed reading the Prologue. I think Grandpa Widtfeldt's family are Plymouth Brethren like Ken Follett's. Does anyone know if I am right?

Annee said...

Yes, they were. (95% sure about that. Our mothers would know 100% sure, that is if they are remembering things well these days :))

sarah said...

Scott used to home teach a guy who built a rock climbing circuit in his tiny BYU apartment - up the walls & across the ceiling. Perhaps this would be a good investment for your boys during the winter time.

I'm sorry about the fog. I can relate to the feeling of never being able to catch up or get ahead. I go through every day constantly saying "just wait a minute" but it doesn't really help.

Corbin said...

Yeah, that's funny about our mom's and remembering. Well, maybe not that funny now that I think about it.
I love the idea about the rock wall. Especially after seeing how much fun your boys had.

Ie Li said...

Another thing that goes together, besides Dairy Queen and haircuts, is nursing and blogging. That's what I'm doing right now!

Kimberly Hill said...

Katie, It's always so nice to hear others crazy days. I loved reading your thoughts, sorry about Chloe, these babies are a mistery. I also took the PS2 away mon-thurs. and then it only came out on Friday and Saturday last week. THis is our new rule due to strange personality change.
love ya,
kim

Katie said...

Kim,
What did you do for snow day? Ours made it for 20 minutes yesterday until the fighting started. I didn't have a snow day policy in place!
Ie Li, if I'm blogging you know I'm also nursing. I'm the one hand typer!