THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

10 on Tuesday (at almost 11 on Wednesday)


I drove around with my camera in my car so I could go by one of the following spots and snap a picture. It didn't happen. The places I did have to go--Lowes, Albertson's--didn't make it to my list so I am making this post without any pictures of the places I chose. Today's picture taking didn't fare much better, but I thought this was an interesting idea and had me thinking...


The TOP 10 PLACES I WOULD TAKE A TOURIST VISITING MY HOMETOWN are:


1. Rembrandts Coffee Shop in Eagle, ID. An old church with gorgeous stained glass windows has been converted into an art gallery (featuring local artists)/coffee shop. It's actually far more than a coffee shop because they make delicious omelettes, homemade quiche and baked goods, soups, to die for sandwiches and for non coffee drinkers like me, yummy smoothies and creme frappes. In the colder months you can stay warm in the big cozy chairs and sofas reading or playing chess or cards and when it's warm they have a charming brick paver patio.


2.Boise River, Eagle location. After breakfast at Rembrandt's, we'd stop at the Boise river and walk through the wooded area and enjoy the lovely walking path. Beautiful. Restful. Serene.


3. Two Rivers. This neighborhood has the amazing homes--especially in the very back around their own little lake. It's worth a drive through--assuming we can make it through the gated area.


4. Eagle Island State Park. Another pretty nature area that is super fun for swimming in the summer and tubing in the winter.


5. Downtown Meridian--the old part. There is a fun fountain and town square there. I don't think much happens there but it is fun to see and the surrounding businesses have done a nice job renovating their buildings.


6. Lunch at either Miss Tami's Tea Cottage or Community Flatbread Pizzeria . Located across the street from one another in Downton Meridian, they are completely opposite from one another in more than just location. But, I really like both. Maybe lunch at Community Flatbread and dessert at Miss Tami's?


7. Ann Morrison Parkway. We'd definitely drive down to Boise, take our cruisers and ride along the Boise river through Ann Morrison Park. A charming ride that takes you through BSU's campus, past the zoo, and art museum. We'd have to stop at the park to see the rose garden, maybe the zoo and art museum?


8. The farmers market (seasonal) and downtown shopping district in Boise. Tons of fun boutiques and a cool vibe.


9. Hidden Springs Neighborhood, along Warmsprings Avenue, and the North End. Amazing homes on the last two, and a really cool neighborhood concept on the first.


10. Dinner at the Cottonwood Grille. This is the favorite place I've been for a nice dinner in Boise. When it's warm its nice to dine al fresco. A gorgeous patio lit with tiny white lights sits close enough to the Boise river to hear it running by. The pork tenderloin is awesome.


*Honorable Mentions: Shakespeare Theatre, Tubing Down the Boise River, Bogus Basin for Skiing, Boating at Lucky Peak, a tour from my Bro. of Gowen Field (that's a very cool thing).

4 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

Whoa! I'm impressed. And not just that you followed through on the prompt. I love the bike. And I am blown away by the cool places to visit in Boise. Who knew? You have almost persuaded me to become a tourist in Boise. (That is my Media Tweak of the Day.) I love your write-ups. Well done. The Boise Chamber of Commerce will want to hire you to write copy for them. Mega kudos to you, Kate.

Karin said...

Thanks for the suggestions of places to visit! I would have many of those on my own list, and those I wouldn't have included are b/c I have yet to experience them.
I am impressed that you got this written up, despite the milk spill. I suppose you were fitting it in before your move, for fear of not being able to come up with a list of 10?

Laura said...

Nice list. I think I may have to check out a couple of those places. I'm happy to see Rembrandt's made the list.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.