THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why Not?

Tuesday morning, after our second day of messed up alarm clocks due to daylight savings, Carter and Chase were going to be a good 30 minutes late to school. Rather than drive them to school tardy, I suggested we drive to Washington to see Dad. I reminded them that they would not only be missing school but sports practices as well. Without much hesitation they were all on board. We 'quickly' packed, loaded the car, and hit the road. Five + hours later we were in Washington hanging out with Larry. Kind of. Caleb hopped in the sprayer with Larry and finished up the field while the rest of the kids and I drove around checking things out.

This is one of the store fronts along the main street through town. I must admit that if it weren't against my religious beliefs this would be a winning combination--talk about taking the pain out of exercise. We thought it was pretty hilarious. The entry to the liquor store was in front and around the side was the entrance to the fitness center. Of all the names for the fitness center/liquor store--the Burn?!!



2 comments:

Laura said...

I like the spontaneity. I bet Caleb really enjoyed helping Larry out. And liquor & exercise... nice business combo. I hear there's nothing quite like finishing off a hard workout with a cold brewsky. I wonder why that concept hasn't taken off elsewhere. Maybe they are just testing the market. Now that I think about it, many pro athletes seem to have lifestyles that would be conducive to a place like that. Who knows, maybe the next Michael Phelps will be from Royal City.

Katie said...

Nice comment. I hadn't thought abou the connection between the pro athletes and mood altering substances. They do seem to go hand in hand.
Yes, Caleb was in heaven and was begging to stay with Larry to 'help' him.